Tracy L. Coenen, CPA, CFF is a seasoned forensic accountant and fraud investigator with impressive credentials. She is recognized across the country as an authority on fraud detection and investigation.
Through her company, Sequence Inc., Tracy has personally investigated hundreds of frauds in a wide variety of industries, including cases of embezzlement, financial statement fraud, investment fraud, and insurance fraud. She has also served as an expert witness in numerous cases involving damage calculations, commercial contract disputes, shareholder disputes and criminal defense.
She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin, as well as Certified in Financial Foreniscs (CFF). Her educational background includes an Honors Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Law Studies and a Master of Business Administration, both from Marquette University in Milwaukee. Tracy Coenen is an Adjunct Instructor at Marquette University, and has been an Adjunct Professor at Concordia University – Wisconsin and an Adjunct Faculty member for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
As an expert witness, Tracy continuously demonstrates her expertise, not only on paper, but also in the courtroom. She is a skilled witness who connects with judges and juries to help them understand complex financial matters.
Tracy was honored the Marquette University Alumni Association in 2010, receiving the Entrepreneurial Award from the College of Business Administration. In 2007, she won the Hubbard Award presented by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Tracy’s professional activities include:
- Author of Lifestyle Analysis in Divorce: Investigating Spending and Finding Hidden Income and Assets
- Author of Expert Fraud Investigation: A Step-by-Step Guide, a practical book which leads professionals through the process of performing a fraud investigation.
- Author of Essentials of Corporate Fraud
- Writer for industry publications including Wisconsin Law Journal, On Balance – The Magazine for Wisconsin CPAs, and Fraud Magazine
- Quoted on entrepreneurship and fraud issues in business publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Compliance Week, Entrepreneur.com, USA Today, Financial Executive Magazine, Business Journal, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Presenter at major industry conferences sponsored by organizations such as ACFE, AICPA, NACVA, IASIU, and state CPA societies
- Keynote speaker for organizations such as ACFE, Wisconsin Institute of CPAs, and Society of Louisiana CPAs
- Corporate anti-fraud trainer for law firms, accounting firms, regulatory agencies, and insurance companies